Cool, creamy and insanely decadent candy cane brownies in less than 1 hour, with 10 ingredients, and absolutely no baking! Merry Christmas to you!
I’m gonna keep things real simple today. If you’re a fan of decadent desserts and mint + chocolate, you should probably make these brownies ASAP.
These no-bake brownies are made up of 3 delicious layers:
- Thick and fudgey chocolate brownie
- Creamy mint-chocolate ganache
- Crushed peppermint candy canes
The brownie layer is a rich mixture of salted date caramel (soft pitted dates whizzed in the processor with sea salt and coconut oil), finely chopped walnuts, oats, and dark chocolate chips. For an extra kick and a little sparkle I added a crushed candy cane too!
Top that with this super creamy + perfectly cool 3 ingredient mint chocolate ganache and some more crunchy candy candy pieces. Now you’ve got a real holiday showstopper!
These mint brownies strike that ideal balance of sweet and chocolate + chilly and minty. Serving them cold enhances the cooling effect of the mint in an absolutely heavenly way.
They also happen to be the PERFECT last minute Christmas treat:
- Super easy
- Ready in less than 1 hour
- 10 ingredients
- 3 heavenly layers: thick & fudgy, cool & creamy, and perfectly crunchy
- Vegan, gluten free, and soy free
- Intensely decadent and satisfying
- Rich and chocolatey with a light kick of peppermint
- A perfect homemade gift for a mint-chocolate fan!
No-Bake Candy Cane Mint Brownies (Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free)
Cool, creamy and insanely decadent candy cane brownies in less than 1 hour, with 10 ingredients, and absolutely no baking!
- 1 cup soft pitted dates, packed
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 peppermint candy cane, crushed
Mint Ganache Layer
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk (canned)
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Candy Cane Topping
- 1-2 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- In your food processor, pulse walnuts and oats until they’re finely chopped. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the dates, coconut oil, sea salt and process on high until a smooth paste forms. Halfway through processing the mixture will form into a ball, continue processing until the mixture loses its shape and becomes sticky enough to stick to the sides of your processor.
- Add the cocoa, walnuts + oats, chocolate chips, and crushed candy cane. Process until thoroughly mixed.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Press the brownie layer firmly into the loaf pan. Use a pancake flipper or spatula to evenly flatten the layer. Place in the freezer while you make the ganache.
Mint Ganache Layer
- You'll need a double boiler for this step. Find a small metal mixing bowl and saucepan that will fit together nicely (bowl inside saucepan.) Fill the saucepan 1/3-1/2 full with hot water (keep the water level low enough to place the bowl inside without it touching the water.) Bring the water to a boil over high heat and place the bowl on top.
- Add the coconut milk + mint extract to the bowl. Heat until the mixture is hot but not boiling. Add the chocolate chips and whisk until they're fully melted. Pour the mixture over the brownie layer and chill in the freezer.
- Chill for 15-25 minutes and top with crushed candy canes. Chill for another 30 minutes before cutting into squares. Store in fridge or freezer. Serve chilled.
The amount of peppermint extract can be increased if you like a stronger minty flavour. Make sure to taste the ganache before pouring it over the brownies so you can decided whether or not to add more. The candy canes will enhance the mint flavour.Fold the candy canes in a piece of parchment paper and use the side of a large chef's knife to crush them. This much easier than using saran wrap or aluminum foil.Something to keep in mind if you're planning to serve them for parties or gift-giving: If you make these ahead of time the candy cane topping will start to soften in the fridge. This doesn't affect the flavour but they won't look quite as pretty.
Courses Dessert, Christmas, No-Bake