Okay. First of all, I have to apologize because it has been FOREVER since I last posted a recipe. So yes, I’m really sorry about that.
I just haven’t been feeling myself lately. This seems to happen every spring. I get exhausted and completely unmotivated. I don’t want to be social so I just become a recluse for a few weeks (or months) and try to avoid all of my responsibilities all the while getting more and more anxious as the things I’ve been working towards start slipping away. It usually takes a hell of a lot of work to pull myself out of this hole because the longer I’m there, the worse it gets.
And it’s not like anything is ‘really’ wrong, in fact a lot of things in my life are going really really right. I just don’t feel right. Bleh.
In an attempt to just get things rolling again, I’m posting this super simple recipe with only 2 pictures and teeny tiny post. I just need to publish something. Anything! That’s why I’m sharing this well-tested recipe that I just LOVE. Tofu Noodle Soup is just good and simple, healthy comfort food that tastes awesome. Basically, it’s exactly what I need right now.
PS: The winner of The Little Potato Giveaway has been displayed on the original post and the winner has been contacted. Thank you to everyone that entered!
Also, I need to thank you guys for your support in the Canadian Lentils Recipe Revelation Challenge. Thanks to your help we won the grand prize for the Lentil+ Chickpea Salad Sandwiches! I still can’t believe it! People have been loving that recipe so if you haven’t given it a try yet, you must! The Big Southwest Lentil Salad Bowl was also a finalist, and our Sweet Pumpkin Lentil Granola won for best photo! So once again, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! 😀 <3 You guys are the best!
Canadian Lentils released a collection of the finalists and winning recipes in a free eBook, you can find it on their website. (Just to note, it’s not a collection of vegan recipes, but there are some!)
- ½ tbsp (7.5 ml) olive oil
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) ground ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) kale, destemmed and finely chopped
- 5 cups (1250 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup (125 ml) frozen peas
- 2 cups (500 ml) cooked whole wheat pasta
- Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium-high heat, add the cubed tofu and sauté until evenly browned on all sides.
- Add the garlic and soy sauce, stir and cook for another minute.
- Add the carrot, celery, kale, vegetable broth, and ground ginger. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and frozen peas. Simmer for another 5 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Add the cooked pasta and simmer for another 1-2 minutes to heat the pasta thoroughly.
- Divide into 4 bowls and serve immediately.