Salsa Baked Tofu
A super versatile recipe for tofu that's delicious in a variety of Mexican-style dishes. Great served with seasoned brown rice and fajita veggies, taco salads, burritos, and tacos.
Author: Brittany at ilovevegan.com
Recipe type: Tofu & Legumes, Lunch & Dinner
- 1 package firm or extra-firm tofu, cut into triangles
- 3 tbsp salsa
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- In a shallow bowl or food storage container combine all ingredients. Gently mix to evenly coat the tofu. Allow the tofu to marinate for 1-2 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, lay the tofu on the sheet in a single layer, reserve excess marinade.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip each piece of tofu and spoon a little bit of the reserved marinade over each piece. Bake for another 8-10 minutes.
Serve with brown rice and fajita style vegetables. Add protein to tacos, burrito bowls, and burritos. Serve in a healthy Taco Salad.
Serving size: 4 Calories: 27 Fat: 2g Saturated fat: 0g Unsaturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 2g Sugar: 0g Sodium: 759mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg