This is a wonderful multi-tasking side dish that you absolutely need in your life.
Here we have a stunning combination of purple Creamer potatoes, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, carrots, and toasted pecans in a sage-y garlic butter.
While there’s plenty to love about this simple side I can’t get over the slightly burnt broccoli, the sage-y garlicky pecans, and those potatoes.
Those potatoes? They’re called Chilean Splash, they’re The Little Potato Company’s most beautiful varietal of Creamer potatoes! These pretty little potatoes have all the classic characteristics of a Little Potato Company Creamer. They’re soft and tender with delicate skins, nutritious, and easy to prepare. What sets them apart? Their earthy flavour and lovely splash of purple on their predominately yellow skins. They’re just perfect for this dish.
Canadian and US readers, make sure to hit up the bottom of the post for your chance to win a 1 month supply of Little Potatoes! (Ends Friday Dec. 9th 2016, at 11:59PM EST)
This dish has a lot going for it. It’s incredibly easy to make – all you need is 15 minutes of active prep time (does it get any simpler than roasting veggies?) It’s pretty darn healthy and it’s delicious! Like the eat-it-cold-at-midnight kind of delicious. It’s also perfect for the holidays! The toasty, savoury pecans are pretty chic already, add a garnish of fried sage leaves to take the fanciness up another notch.
This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Company.
We love them for their commitment to simple, healthy whole foods like their delicious Creamer potatoes. Thanks for supporting the brands that support I Love Vegan!
Learn more about why we love Little Potatoes at www.littlepotatoes.com
Sage & Garlic Roasted Vegetables
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 30 minutes
Total 45 minutes
A chic and simple side dish of roasted potatoes, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, carrots, and pecans in a sage-y garlic butter.
- 2 cups quartered Little Potato Company Chilean Splash Creamer potatoes
- 2 cups large broccoli florets
- 1 large carrot cut into sticks (1 cup)
- 1 cup trimmed, quartered Brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 large fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- fresh sage leaves, for garnish (optional)
- olive oil, for frying garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine quartered Creamer potatoes, broccoli florets, carrot sticks, quartered Brussels sprouts, melted vegan butter, garlic, sage, salt and pepper. Massage the vegetables (especially the broccoli tops) to infuse the flavours from the garlic, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Spread vegetables in a single layer oven baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- In the same bowl you mixed the vegetables in, add pecans and toss to coat with remaining butter, garlic, and sage. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- After vegetables have baked for 25 minutes, sprinkle sheet with seasoned pecans and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and browned and pecans smell toasty.
Use soy-free vegan butter for a soy-free side dish.
To garnish (optional): Heat a few tbsp of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, briefly fry whole sage leaves until leaves are crisp, turn dark green, and the oil stops bubbling.
Courses Side dish