Since Valentines Day is tomorrow I’m going to keep this post short and sweet.
These Easy Vegan Chocolate Granola Bars are sweet, chocolatey, chewy and full of nutritious ingredients. Filled with good stuff like hemp hearts + Love Crunch and snagging their inspiration from the classic Valentines Day treat: the chocolate covered strawberry, they’re just begging to be made for someone you love. (Whether that person is yourself, or someone else!)
Love Crunch Dark Chocolate & Red Berries is the perfect granola for these bars ’cause it’s already loaded with freeze-dried strawberries and chocolate chunks! These bars are sweetened and held together with date caramel + brown rice syrup (it’s super sticky making it ideal for vegan granola bars!) and baked for a Clif bar-like texture. I topped the bars with a drizzle of chocolate (I used Camino’s 65% Dark Chocolate Raspberry bar), chopped up a few strawberries from a bag of Love Crunch and sprinkled them on top for a pretty pop of colour.
Enjoy and Happy Valentines Day! ♥
- 2 cups Love Crunch Dark Chocolate & Red Berries
- 1 recipe date caramel (below)
- 3 tbsp brown rice syrup
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 cup soft pitted dates
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp coconut milk
- 1.5 tsp maple syrup
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- 50g non-dairy dark chocolate
- ⅛ tsp coconut oil
- In a food processor, combine dates and coconut oil. Process until smooth, using a spatula to pull the date mixture away from the sides as needed. Once smooth, add the coconut milk and maple syrup. Transfer to an air tight food storage container.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and transfer the mixture to a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool and slice into 5 equal bars.
- Melt 50g of dark chocolate and add ⅛ tsp coconut oil. Drizzle over the bars and chill (to harden the chocolate) before storing in the fridge.