Melted dark chocolate chunks, hot almond milk, and creamy coconut milk combine to create a deep, velvety hot cocoa that’s sure to satisfy any chocolate craving.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tsp sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
- 2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 –1 tsp cocoa (optional, for a richer chocolate flavour)
- In a small saucepan, heat almond milk and coconut milk over medium heat.
- Once the milk is heated, whisk in the dark chocolate, continue whisking until thoroughly melted.
- Add the sugar, taste, and whisk in cocoa if desired.
- Pour into a heated mug, and top with a dollop of coconut milk and chocolate shavings or cinnamon.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 19 g
- Sodium: 7 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 2 mg