This vegan Thai green curry is rich, creamy and full of bold flavours with a kick of heat. It’s a hearty, comforting vegan meal that’s full of vegetables like Creamer potatoes, zucchini, baby eggplant, red bell pepper and spinach. Serve this Thai green curry with rice and fried tofu (or added chickpeas!) for a satiating plant-based meal.
- ⅓ cup (80ml) + 1 ⅔ cups (410ml) coconut cream/full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp (15ml) green curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1” knob of ginger, julienned
- ½ cup (250ml) (½ medium) sliced white or yellow onion
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable broth
- 1 cup (250ml) quartered Terrific Trio Little Potatoes from The Little Potato Company
- ½ cup (125ml) sliced zucchini
- ½ cup (125ml) sliced baby eggplant
- ½ cup (125ml) sliced red bell pepper
- 1 tsp (5ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup (250ml) baby spinach
- OPTIONAL: ½ block (175g) extra-firm tofu, cut into strips and fried or
- OPTIONAL: 1 cup (250ml) cooked chickpeasor
- OPTIONAL: ½ cup dried red lentils, rinsed
- Cooked rice, to serve
- Over high-heat, heat ⅓ cup coconut cream in a wok or large frying pan. Stir often until the coconut cream fully bubbles and the clear coconut oil appears to be separating from the white coconut milk.
- Whisk in 1 tbsp of green curry paste (adjust based on the strength of your chosen curry paste, 1 tbsp could be too spicy for some or not spicy enough for others!)
- Add onion, garlic, ginger. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1 ⅔ cups coconut cream, 2 cups vegetable broth, Little Potatoes, zucchini, baby eggplant, red pepper, sugar, and lemon juice.
- (OPTIONAL: Add 1 cup cooked chickpeas or ½ cup rinsed red lentils.)
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Turn heat down to medium-high and simmer vigorously for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce has thickened.
- Add spinach and stir. (OPTIONAL: Add fried tofu and stir to coat and heat thoroughly.)
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve with rice.
Keywords: vegan thai green curry