A tangy, creamy vegan macaroni salad loaded with veggies and smoked tofu.
- 3/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp dill pickle juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp yellow prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp dill pickles, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 4 1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni, not rinsed, cooled
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup smoked tofu, cubed
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the vegan mayo and unsweetened almond milk. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine the 4 1/2 cups of cooked and cooled elbow macaroni with the dressing. At first the pasta will be a little sticky from the starch, once the dressing coats the noodles they’ll be easier to stir.) Add the vegetables, smoked tofu and stir well. For best flavour, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or until chilled) before serving.
!Substituting the Smoked TofuIf you can’t find smoked tofu, follow my Sriracha and Soy Sauce Tofu recipe with the addition of a couple of drops of liquid smoke and marinate for at least 1 hour. Instead of cutting the tofu into bite-size pieces, cut it into slices, slightly thicker than the image below: Once cooled you can cut it into cubes to use in this macaroni salad!