This Indonesian gado-gado inspired salad bowl is loaded with healthy fresh and cooked veggies, protein-rich tempeh, and a delicious zippy peanut sauce. Hello veggie heaven!
- 1 cup shaved purple cabbage
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 3 stalks green onion, sliced
- 1 lb of The Little Potato Company’s Fingerling Creamer potatoes
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1 1/3 cups cubed tempeh
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 handful cilantro (optional)
- 2/3 cup dry roasted salted peanuts, crushed
- salted rice crackers
- fresh lime juice, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp red curry paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp sambal
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup dry roasted salted peanuts
- Prep all vegetables.
- Add The Little Potato Company’s Fingerlings to a pot of boiling water and cook for 12 minutes. Add the green beans and continue cooking for another 3 minutes. Strain and rinse under cold water to chill. Halve the Fingerlings lengthwise. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the cubed tempeh, season with pinch or two of salt, and cook until tempeh is golden brown and crisp and all sides. Set aside.
- Assemble bowls: Divide potatoes and tempeh evenly between bowls. Add desired veggies. Sprinkle with salt. Top with warm peanut sauce, green onion, cilantro, crushed peanuts, rice crackers, and lime juice.
- In a food processor, combine peanut butter, garlic, coconut sugar, red curry paste, and sambal. Process well. Add coconut milk, fresh lime juice, soy sauce, water, and salt. Process until smooth. Add the peanuts and process just enough to break them um but not purée them. Warm gently (in microwave or double boiler) before serving.
Keywords: vegan gado gado