Brussels sprouts browned in a crunchy, toasted pecan butter make for a simple yet sophisticated side dish!
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tbsp Earth Balance
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- pinch salt
- Trim off the bottoms and any wilted outer leaves of Brussels sprouts, cut a small “X” in the bottoms to promote even cooking.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add Brussels sprouts to water and boil for 10 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge into ice bath. Cut Brussels sprouts in half.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat Earth Balance over medium heat. Add pecans and cook for 2 minutes or until mixture is fragrant.
- Lay the Brussels sprouts flat on the skillet and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Toss and brown the other side.
- Add the brown sugar, lemon juice, and salt, toss to combine.
- Spoon Brussels sprouts into a serving dish and top with browned pecans.