Make it a meal and serve with stir-fried vegetables and brown rice, or chill and add to salads for a shot of extra protein.
- 1 package of firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp mirin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 1 tsp vegetable oil for sautéing
- In a shallow dish, combine all ingredients (except olive oil for sautéing). Gently combine ingredients to ensure that the tofu is evenly coated. Marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat about 1 tsp of vegetable oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Remove tofu from marinade and reserve the leftover marinade.
- Sauté the tofu until slightly crisp on the outside. At then end of the cooking time you can add a little more of the marinade to the tofu for extra flavour. Leftover marinade is also useful for flavouring stir-fried vegetables.
Serve with stir-fried vegetables and brown rice.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 143
- Sodium: 480 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 13 g