I didn’t have a whole lot of free time this weekend but I still managed to squeeze in a little bit of meal preparation. Even a small amount of preparation can make the coming week easier. When you think of food preparation you might think of spending hours in the kitchen putting together meals for every single day, but that doesn’t really work for me. I like to make fresh food everyday! But if I’m in a rush, or just feeling lazy, I like to have some healthy options that I can grab and go. I spent less than an hour preparing food (even though I didn’t feel like it!) but I know I’ll thank myself later!
What I prepped this week:
- 2 spinach salads with brown rice, chickpeas, cucumber, carrot, and tomato
- washed and cut up fruits and vegetables (watermelon, 3 oranges, cucumber, and carrots)
- 2 batches of unsweetened iced green tea, 1 with lemon and 1 without
- divided a bag of almonds into 1/4 cup portions
- cooked a big pot of lentils and brown rice (not pictured)