Fluffy vegan lemon poppy seeds pancakes studded with sweet blueberries.
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (155g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp lemon zest (approx. 2 lemons worth)
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup Silk Vanilla Soymilk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Stir in the lemon zest, poppy seeds, and blueberries.
- Add the lemon juice to the vanilla soy milk. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Stir sugar into the vanilla soy milk + lemon juice.
- Stir the melted coconut oil into the dry ingredients.
- Add the soy milk/lemon juice/sugar to the dry ingredients. Use a fork to mix well, until there are no lumps in the batter.
- Spoon 1/4-1/3 cup of the batter onto your preheated pan. Cook the first side for about 1-2 minutes – until the edges appear dry and cooked. Always flip the pancake before dry spots begin to form on the tops of your pancakes.
- Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Store the cooked pancakes in a single layer on the racks in your warm oven – this will keep them warm but not soggy.
- Continue cooking the pancakes until all the batter is used up. Makes about 6-7 pancakes.
For best results, use a food scale to weigh out the flour. (If you do not have a food scale, please refer to How to Measure Flour.)Serve with vegan butter and maple syrup.