Best case scenario, summer is offering you a little time to relax. Second best case scenario, the weekend is allowing you a little time for relaxing. Third best case scenario, you’ve got a day or two off sometime this week for a relaxing morning. I’d like to think that relaxing mornings = pancake breakfasts, but in my case, relaxing mornings probably mean sleeping in (like waaay in…)
No matter when your lazy morning happens to fit into your schedule, I hope you’ve got one coming up soon. Today’s recipe is perfect for a lazy morning (and by lazy I mean you’ve got time to spare, not that you’re feeling lazy – in which case I’d probably suggest just drinking too much coffee and eating some toast. I’m sorry, my “I-don’t-want-to-do-a-damn-thing” mornings are quite simply, not pretty.)
So, back to today’s recipe: lemon poppy seed blueberry pancakes!! Yes!! This is my favourite combo of combos, lemon poppy seed + blueberry pancakes. Ugh, so good!
Fluffy vegan pancakes studded with ripe summer blueberries, lemon zest, and itty-bitty poppy seeds. Top these delightful, slightly sweet pancakes with the usual: vegan butter and heaps of pure maple syrup.
This post is sponsored by Silk. We love Silk for providing a delicious variety of non-dairy plant milks, from your typical soy and almond milks to cashew, coconut, and non-dairy milk blends! All opinions and text are my own.
Sign up for Silk’s Newsletter. Looking for Silk in your area? Use this store locator!
Fluffy vegan lemon poppy seeds pancakes studded with sweet blueberries.
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (155g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp lemon zest (approx. 2 lemons worth)
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup Silk Vanilla Soymilk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- Preheat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Stir in the lemon zest, poppy seeds, and blueberries.
- Add the lemon juice to the vanilla soy milk. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Stir sugar into the vanilla soy milk + lemon juice.
- Stir the melted coconut oil into the dry ingredients.
- Add the soy milk/lemon juice/sugar to the dry ingredients. Use a fork to mix well, until there are no lumps in the batter.
- Spoon ¼-1/3 cup of the batter onto your preheated pan. Cook the first side for about 1-2 minutes – until the edges appear dry and cooked. Always flip the pancake before dry spots begin to form on the tops of your pancakes.
- Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Store the cooked pancakes in a single layer on the racks in your warm oven – this will keep them warm but not soggy.
- Continue cooking the pancakes until all the batter is used up. Makes about 6-7 pancakes.
For best results, use a food scale to weigh out the flour. (If you do not have a food scale, please refer to How to Measure Flour.)Serve with vegan butter and maple syrup.