During the months of May and June this is one of my favourite and most used recipes. A delicious and easy way to prepare asparagus.Lemon Garlic Asparagus
- 12 medium asparagus stalks (washed with ends snapped off)
- 1/2 tsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 slices of lemon, cut in half
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the asparagus. Flick the pan to toss the asparagus around every so often so that it cooks evenly (you may also use tongs).
- Once the asparagus’ colour becomes a more vivid and bright green (this should take about 3-4 minutes), add the minced garlic and toss. Cook for another 5-6 minutes, until the garlic is translucent and the stalks of the asparagus are tender.
- Taste one to make sure you’re happy with how tender it is. Once the asparagus is cooked to your liking, season with a small sprinkle of salt and pepper. Serve with a slice of lemon on the side.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 24
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 80 mg
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g