Cinco de Mayo is this Friday! Get ready with this super quick and easy food processor pico de gallo - start to finish, it takes less than 10 minutes. Trust me, you're going to want to make a batch so you're prepared for tomorrow's recipe:
Crispy tacos de papa (potato tacos) with pico de gallo and avocado. Super easy and SUPER delicious.
Today was my first time doing a little bit of cooking on Instagram stories (I know... I'm late to the party and pico de gallo isn't exactly cooking...) I'm not well practiced with iPhone photography and editing (and I'm way behind technology with my iPhone 4S) but I had a lot of fun playing around and I'll be doing a lot more stories in the future. If you want to follow along make sure to join me on Instagram.
See you tomorrow, I'm bringing tacos! 🙂Print
Fresh Pico de Gallo made quick and easy with a food processor.
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- ½ jalapeño, seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh cilantro leaves, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp canola or olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- salt, to taste
- ½ lime, juiced
- In a food processor, pulse tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, and minced garlic until evenly chopped.
- Add cilantro, olive oil, sugar, and salt. Pulse to break up cilantro leaves. Stir in lime juice. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Refrigerate and let marinate for 30 minutes or more before serving to allow flavours to meld.