A great all-natural, multi-purpose sweetener. Spread on toast, add to smoothies for extra sweetness, or use in recipes in place of traditional sticky sweeteners like agave or honey.
- 1/2 cup soft dates, slightly packed
- 1/2 cup water, you may need more depending on the moisture in your dates
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Check dates for pit fragments.
- In a food processor, combine dates, water, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth. Add more water to thin to your desired consistency.
- Store refrigerated in a airtight container.
Works well in most foods that require a touch of sweetness: spread on toast (great paired with nut butters!), add to oatmeal and other hot breakfast cereals, add to smoothies, and other recipes that require sticky or liquid sweeteners.
- Calories: 408
- Sugar: 98 g
- Sodium: 7 mg
- Carbohydrates: 111 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 3 g