Broiled Apple and Almond Butter Sandwich
Fast and simple to make, a delicious autumn snack or lunch! All you need is some whole or sprouted grain bread, your favourite apple, almond butter, and a dash of cinnamon.
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 apple, thinly sliced
- dash cinnamon
- drizzle of maple syrup or agave syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven broiler to 400°F.
- Spread each piece of bread with a layer of almond butter.Lay thin slices of apple onto each slice and sprinkle them with cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Place both slices under the hot broiler. Leave the oven door open about an inch or two.and watch carefully. When the apples look hot and slightly tender remove them from the oven.
- Sandwich both slices together and place back under the broiler, leave the door open slightly and watch carefully, don't let your bread burn! Once it's toasted to your liking, remove from oven, flip it over and toast the other side.
- Once both sides of your sandwich are toasted take it out of the oven, slice diagonally, and enjoy while it's hot!
Courses Sandwich, Lunch & Dinner, Snack
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Unsaturated Fat 12 g
Sodium 307 mg
Total Carbohydrates 71 g
Dietary Fiber 7 g
Sugars 38 g
Protein 11 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.