A versatile, protein rich side dish to accompany any meal. This basic quinoa recipes can be used in wraps and burritos, fresh salads, stir-fries, and more!
- ¾ cup quinoa, thoroughly rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ –½ tsp salt or ½ cube of vegetable bouillon
- pinch pepper
- In a small pot, bring quinoa, water, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper to a boil over high heat.
- Turn heat down to medium, once the water has reached a simmer, cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let sit for 3 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Serving Size: 3
- Calories: 163
- Sodium: 204 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g