Velvety Almond Milk Hot Chocolate
Yield 1 cup
Melted dark chocolate chunks, hot almond milk, and creamy coconut milk combine to create a deep, velvety hot cocoa that's sure to satisfy any chocolate craving.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tsp sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
- 2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 -1 tsp cocoa (optional, for a richer chocolate flavour)
- In a small saucepan, heat almond milk and coconut milk over medium heat.
- Once the milk is heated, whisk in the dark chocolate, continue whisking until thoroughly melted.
- Add the sugar, taste, and whisk in cocoa if desired.
- Pour into a heated mug, and top with a dollop of coconut milk and chocolate shavings or cinnamon.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 20 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Unsaturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 7 mg
Total Carbohydrates 26 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.