Yield 1 serving
A great savoury breakfast recipe! Serve with whole grain toast and fresh fruit for a simple meal or take it on the go in a breakfast wrap or sandwich.
- 1/2 block firm, extra-firm, or pressed tofu
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (or more) nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp (or less) of ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Use your hands to break the tofu into large chunks. Add the tofu and garlic to the hot oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tofu is golden brown on all or most sides. As the tofu is cooking you can break up larger pieces of tofu with your wooden spoon.
- Once the tofu is golden brown, add the nutritional yeast, cumin, and salt. Stir and continue cooking until the tofu absorbs the nutritional yeast.
- Serve the scrambled tofu with a side of toast and some fresh fruit, or try one of the serving suggestions below.
Breakfast wrap: Enjoy on the go in a breakfast wrap by folding it into a whole wheat tortilla with sliced avocado or non-dairy cheese, lettuce, and tomato.Breakfast sandwich: Make the scramble according to the directions and serve on a whole wheat English muffin with avocado or non-dairy cheese, lettuce, and tomato
Serving Size 2
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Unsaturated Fat 7 g
Sodium 159 mg
Total Carbohydrates 5 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Protein 12 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.