If you enjoy pumpkin pie then you’ll love this recipe! Spiced pumpkin pie oatmeal with cinnamon, raisins, walnuts, molasses, and creamy coconut milk.
- 1/2 cup of water
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup of oats
- 3 tbsp of pure canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp evaporated cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp Thompson raisins
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- dollop of canned coconut milk
- In a saucepan over high heat, bring water and salt to a boil. Add oats and turn heat down to medium.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, until the oatmeal begins to thicken. Add raisins, molasses, sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Continue cooking until nearly thick, about another 2 minutes or so. Add the flax seed and allow to fully thicken.
- Once the oatmeal has reached your desired consistency, stir in 2/3 of the walnuts.
- Scoop into a bowl, top with soy milk, a dollop of coconut milk, the rest of the walnuts, and a dash of cinnamon.
- If you enjoy pumpkin pie then you’ll love this recipe! Spiced pumpkin pie oatmeal with cinnamon, raisins, walnuts, molasses, and creamy coconut milk.
*Oatmeal cooking times vary greatly depending on the type of oat you use. These directions are for quick oats (not instant), for large flake or rolled oats, extend the cooking time of the first step to 5-8 minutes or follow the recommended cooking time from the manufacturer.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 503
- Sugar: 23 g
- Sodium: 163 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 72 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 15 g