- 1 can chickpeas + all of the juice
- 1 head roasted garlic (head of garlic + a drizzle olive oil – refer to cooking instructions)
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Peel most of the paper from a head of garlic. Slice top of the head off so that each clove is exposed.
- Drizzle the exposed garlic cloves with olive oil. Wrap in aluminum foil and bake for 40-50 minutes or until the cloves are completely tender.
- Once the garlic has cooled, squeeze the root to push the roasted garlic out of the cloves.
- Combine canned chickpeas + juice, roasted garlic, and salt in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Add microwaved chickpeas to your food processor along with the tahini, olive oil, and lemon juice. Process on high until nice and creamy.
- Optional: For a super velvety texture, transfer hummus to your Vitamix, Blend-Tec or other high speed blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Chill before serving. Optional: Garnish with sesame oil, chili powder or paprika, and chili flakes.
- Calories: 594
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 1841 mg
- Fat: 28 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 70 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 24 g