Gingerbread Spice Protein Granola
A delicious, protein-rich, naturally-sweetened holiday inspired granola. Store in a decorative jar with a cute tag and this granola will make a great gift!
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 4 tbsp crystallized ginger
- 2/3 cup soy protein isolate
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 5 tbsp molasses
- 2/3 cup packed soft pitted dates
- 2 tbsp nondairy milk
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins, packed
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, chopped nuts, soy protein, flax seed, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and crystallized ginger.
- Use a blender to blend together molasses, dates, nondairy milk, and coconut oil.
- Add the blended date mixture to your dry ingredients, and mix. Once it's completely combined, begin breaking up the mixture with your hands.
- Spread out onto a thick cookie sheet (or double up and stack two together) fitted with a piece of parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and stir. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, and stir. Bake for 5 minutes, turn off the oven, and open the oven door a crack. Leave for an additional 5 - 10 minutes, or until toasted and lightly crunchy. Watch closely, it burns easily!
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet. Mix in the cranberries or raisins, and store in an airtight container.
Courses Breakfast, Granola
Serving Size 4
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Unsaturated Fat 9 g
Sodium 2417 mg
Total Carbohydrates 87 g
Dietary Fiber 10 g
Sugars 42 g
Protein 12 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.