A hot mug of Ginger Citrus Tea is an effective, all-natural way to soothe a dry cough, stuffiness, or sore throat during cold season.
- 1/2 lemon + 1 slice for decoration
- 1/2 lime+ 1 slice for decoration
- 1 inch piece of ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1–2 tsp agave syrup or organic cane sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a small saucepan, bring water and ginger to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove from heat, add the juice of both the lemon and the lime.
- Add your sweetener of choice, and stir until dissolved.
- Place the citrus slices into the bottom of a mug and cover with tea. Allow the tea to steep and cool down for a couple of minutes before drinking.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 24
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 13 mg
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 1 g