Yield 1 cup
A great all-natural, multi-purpose sweetener. Spread on toast, add to smoothies for extra sweetness, or use in recipes in place of traditional sticky sweeteners like agave or honey.
- 1/2 cup soft dates, slightly packed
- 1/2 cup water, you may need more depending on the moisture in your dates
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Check dates for pit fragments.
- In a food processor, combine dates, water, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth. Add more water to thin to your desired consistency.
- Store refrigerated in a airtight container.
Works well in most foods that require a touch of sweetness: spread on toast (great paired with nut butters!), add to oatmeal and other hot breakfast cereals, add to smoothies, and other recipes that require sticky or liquid sweeteners.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Sodium 7 mg
Total Carbohydrates 111 g
Dietary Fiber 10 g
Sugars 98 g
Protein 3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.