Velvety Almond Milk Hot Chocolate
Melted dark chocolate chunks, hot almond milk, and creamy coconut milk combine to create a deep, velvety hot cocoa that's sure to satisfy any chocolate craving.
Author: Brittany at I Love Vegan
Recipe type: Drink
Serves: 1 cup
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tsp sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
- 2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- ½ -1 tsp cocoa (optional, for a richer chocolate flavour)
- In a small saucepan, heat almond milk and coconut milk over medium heat.
- Once the milk is heated, whisk in the dark chocolate, continue whisking until thoroughly melted.
- Add the sugar, taste, and whisk in cocoa if desired.
- Pour into a heated mug, and top with a dollop of coconut milk and chocolate shavings or cinnamon.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 286 Fat: 20g Saturated fat: 12g Unsaturated fat: 4g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 26g Sugar: 19g Sodium: 7mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 2mg