Mushroom Gravy coming right up, as promised!
This stuff is so dang tasty, you’re gonna want to make buckets of it for Christmas dinner because if you’re anything like me it’s going to be poured on absolutely everything.
It’s delicious slathered on top of:
- The Ultimate Holiday Loaf with Cranberry Glaze
- Tofurky Roasts (or any vegan holiday loaf really!)
- Dill Mashed Potatoes
- Traditional Vegetable Walnut Stuffing (on of the recipes to be reposted ASAP)
And really, basically anything on your Christmas plate, but I don’t want to get into details, just in case you think my love for Mushroom Gravy is a little over the top (and let’s be honest, it IS.)
Time for Holiday Tip #2:
Got any pets? It’s time to deck them out in some Christmas swag because there is nothing more heart warming than a furry four-legged buddy in an ugly Christmas sweater. So to get you in the spirit, check out Lacey in her holiday best:
CUUUUTE! And if that’s not enough, you can always google: “pets in christmas costumes”, you’re welcome!
- 1½ tbsp canola oil, olive oil, or vegan margarine
- 2½ cups sliced white and/or cremini mushrooms (approx.14 medium or 1-227g pkg)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic for 1 minute before adding the sliced mushrooms. Saute until vegetables are tender.
- Add flour, and whisk until mushrooms are coated. Stir often and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the vegetable stock.
- Bring the gravy to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add soy sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning.