Pumpkin Walnuts Muffins
A rich, pumpkin muffin with a sweet coconut & walnut topping. These muffins make a good quick and easy breakfast, they freeze well so you can always keep some on hand for busy mornings.
Author: Brittany at I Love Vegan
Recipe type: Muffin
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup evaporated cane juice sugar
- 2½ tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅛ cup Thompson raisins or dried cranberries
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ⅔ cup unsweetened soy milk (use any non-dairy milk)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp molasses
- shredded coconut, and chopped walnuts for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, walnuts, raisins, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the pumpkin, soy milk, coconut oil, and molasses.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold together. Be very careful not to over mix, stir until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin liners, or a greased muffin tin dusted with flour.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and coconut.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Calories: 2618 Fat: 93g Saturated fat: 65g Unsaturated fat: 22g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 435g Sugar: 242g Sodium: 319mg Fiber: 16g Protein: 30g Cholesterol: 0mg