- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 4 tbsp crystallized ginger
- 2/3 cup soy protein isolate
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 5 tbsp molasses
- 2/3 cup packed soft pitted dates
- 2 tbsp nondairy milk
- 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup packed, dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, chopped nuts, soy protein, flax seed, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and crystallized ginger.
- Use a blender to blend together molasses, dates, nondairy milk, and canola oil.
- Add the blended date mixture to your dry ingredients, and mix. Once it’s completely combined, begin breaking up the mixture with your hands.
- Spread out onto a thick cookie sheet (or double up and stack two together) fitted with a piece of parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and stir. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, and stir. Bake for 5 minutes, turn off the oven, and open the oven door a crack. Leave for an additional 5 – 10 minutes, or until toasted and lightly crunchy. Watch closely, it burns easily!
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet. Mix in the cranberries or raisins, and store in an airtight container.