Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Don't let the looong ingredient list scare you! These soft, moist, and delicately spiced cookies are full of nutrients and absolutely worth the effort to make them.
Author: Brittany at I Love Vegan
Recipe type: Cookie
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup wheat bran (optional)
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- ⅓ cup dates, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup fancy molasses
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup vanilla soy milk (any non-dairy milk will work)
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp extract (vanilla, coconut, or maple)
- Preheat oven to 350°F, prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mash together banana and dates, add the peanut butter and molasses and mix. Add the soy milk, sugar, flax, oil, and extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Spoon onto parchment paper, about 1-2 tbsp per cookie, makes about 20 cookies.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, remove from oven while still semi-soft. Cool on a cooling rack
Serving size: 6 Calories: 459 Fat: 15g Saturated fat: 2g Unsaturated fat: 11g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 76g Sugar: 36g Sodium: 283mg Fiber: 7g Protein: 11g Cholesterol: 0mg