Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Don't let the looong ingredient list scare you! These soft, moist, and delicately spiced cookies are full of nutrients and absolutely worth the effort to make them.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup wheat bran (optional)
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup dates, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup fancy molasses
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk (any non-dairy milk will work)
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp extract (vanilla, coconut, or maple)
- Preheat oven to 350°F, prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mash together banana and dates, add the peanut butter and molasses and mix. Add the soy milk, sugar, flax, oil, and extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Spoon onto parchment paper, about 1-2 tbsp per cookie, makes about 20 cookies.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, remove from oven while still semi-soft. Cool on a cooling rack
Serving Size 6
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Unsaturated Fat 11 g
Sodium 283 mg
Total Carbohydrates 76 g
Dietary Fiber 7 g
Sugars 36 g
Protein 11 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.