Ginger Citrus Tea
A hot mug of Ginger Citrus Tea is an effective, all-natural way to soothe a dry cough, stuffiness, or sore throat during cold season.
Author: Brittany at ilovevegan.com
Recipe type: Tea
- ½ lemon + 1 slice for decoration
- ½ lime+ 1 slice for decoration
- 1 inch piece of ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1-2 tsp agave syrup or organic cane sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a small saucepan, bring water and ginger to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove from heat, add the juice of both the lemon and the lime.
- Add your sweetener of choice, and stir until dissolved.
- Place the citrus slices into the bottom of a mug and cover with tea. Allow the tea to steep and cool down for a couple of minutes before drinking.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 24 Fat: 0g Saturated fat: 0g Unsaturated fat: 0g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 7g Sugar: 1g Sodium: 13mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg