A great all-natural, multi-purpose sweetener. Spread on toast, add to smoothies for extra sweetness, or use in recipes in place of traditional sticky sweeteners like agave or honey.
Author: Brittany at I Love Vegan
Recipe type: Sweetener
Serves: 1 cup
- ½ cup soft dates, slightly packed
- ½ cup water, you may need more depending on the moisture in your dates
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Check dates for pit fragments.
- In a food processor, combine dates, water, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth. Add more water to thin to your desired consistency.
- Store refrigerated in a airtight container.
Works well in most foods that require a touch of sweetness: spread on toast (great paired with nut butters!), add to oatmeal and other hot breakfast cereals, add to smoothies, and other recipes that require sticky or liquid sweeteners.
Calories: 408 Fat: 0g Saturated fat: 0g Unsaturated fat: 0g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 111g Sugar: 98g Sodium: 7mg Fiber: 10g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg