Chocolate Covered Cranberry Oatmeal
For extreme chocolate lovers! Satisfy your chocolate cravings first thing in the morning with this deep and velvety oatmeal recipe.
Author: Brittany at I Love Vegan
Recipe type: Breakfast, Oatmeal
Serves: 1 serving
- ⅓ cup quick oats
- ⅔ cup water or unsweetened soy milk (use any non-dairy milk)
- a small pinch of salt
- 2 tsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2-3 squares of dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp date syrup or other sweetener
- toppings such as shredded coconut, sliced almonds, and almond butter
- soy or almond milk, for topping (use any non-dairy milk)
- Bring water and salt to a boil over high heat.
- Turn heat down to medium, and add the oats. Cook until nearly thick, about 3 minutes*.
- Add date syrup or other sweetener, cocoa, cranberries, and ground flax seed. Stir and cook until thick, about another 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat, mix in chocolate chunks, transfer to a bowl and serve with toppings and a splash of soy milk.
*Oatmeal cooking times vary greatly depending on the type of oat you use. These directions are for quick oats (not instant), for large flake or rolled oats, extend the cooking time of the first step to 5-8 minutes or follow the recommended cooking time from the manufacturer.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 1860 Fat: 115g Saturated fat: 63g Unsaturated fat: 41g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 188g Sugar: 118g Sodium: 687mg Fiber: 30g Protein: 24g Cholesterol: 17mg