Chocolate Chip Banana Raisin Oatmeal
Go ahead, eat cookies for breakfast! This hearty oatmeal recipe not only satisfies a sweet craving but keeps you feeling satisfied for hours.
Author: Brittany at I Love Vegan
Recipe type: Breakfast, Oatmeal
Serves: 1 serving
- ⅓ cup quick oats
- ⅔ cup water
- small pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- ½ banana, sliced
- 5-6 walnut halves, chopped
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1-2 tsp sweetener of your choice, if desired
- 2-3 squares of dark chocolate, chopped
- soy milk for topping (use any non-dairy milk)
- In a small saucepan, bring water and salt to boil over high heat. Turn heat down to medium and add the oats and cook until nearly thick, about 2-3 minutes*.
- Add the flax, cinnamon, and sweetener, cook until thick.
- Add the banana, coconut, raisins, and walnuts. Stir and remove from heat.
- Serve in a bowl, stir in chocolate chunks, and top with soy milk.
*Oatmeal cooking times vary greatly depending on the type of oat you use. These directions are for quick oats (not instant), for large flake or rolled oats, extend the cooking time of the first step to 5-8 minutes or follow the recommended cooking time from the manufacturer.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 1900 Fat: 115g Saturated fat: 64g Unsaturated fat: 41g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 196g Sugar: 122g Sodium: 200mg Fiber: 30g Protein: 24g Cholesterol: 17mg