A versatile, protein rich side dish to accompany any meal. This basic quinoa recipes can be used in wraps and burritos, fresh salads, stir-fries, and more!
Author: Brittany at I Love Vegan
Recipe type: Lunch & Dinner, Side
Serves: 2 cups
- ¾ cup quinoa, thoroughly rinsed and drained
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ -1/2 tsp salt or ½ cube of vegetable bouillon
- pinch pepper
- In a small pot, bring quinoa, water, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper to a boil over high heat.
- Turn heat down to medium, once the water has reached a simmer, cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let sit for 3 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
Serving size: 3 Calories: 163 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 0g Unsaturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 29g Sugar: 0g Sodium: 204mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 0mg